Addressing rural youth distress migration
Migrants are a potential resource for agriculture and rural development as well as poverty reduction in their areas of origin. However, distress migration of rural youth can result in the loss of an important share of the most vital and dynamic part of the workforce, with negative consequences for agricultural productivity. This infographic describes the root causes of rural youth distress migration and how out-migration and remittances can contribute to rural development, poverty reduction and food security.
Follow #UNFAO on social media!
* Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/UNFAO
* Google+ – https://plus.google.com/+UNFAO
* Instagram – https://instagram.com/unfao/
* LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/company/fao
* Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/faoknowledge
© FAO: http://www.fao.org